Sign up now for the Whole Foods South Loop Chefs’ Demonstration Table at the Bash on Wabash
GSLA is committed to maintaining and improving the South Loop as a vibrant and diverse, inclusive community. One of the ways GSLA achieves this mission through its Bash on Wabash, the South Loop’s premier annual street festival. This year’s Bash on Wabash will be held August 23-24, 2014, on South Wabash Avenue, approximately between 13th and 15th Streets.
GSLA and Whole Foods Market are seeking South Loop chefs for a new Bash on Wabash feature – a demonstration table to feature the great restaurants and culinary talents here in the South Loop.
Benefits of participation:
- Inclusion in Bash marketing materials (i.e. print, social media, media clips, etc.)
- Marketing at the Bash itself, including prominent sign placement at chef demo table and space for distribution of printed materials.
- 1 Year Greater South Loop Association membership
- The 2014 Bash is expected to attract more than 7,500 people over two days.
- 60 minute block: $150 for current GSLA business members, $200 for non-members. Includes set up, demo, and clean up time.
- Note: If you are a non-member, the table purchase will constitute a new membership The chef demo table will be a fundraiser for GSLA, and not part of the general food vendor area.
- Chefs will have 60 minutes to demonstrate preparation of one or more signature items, provide free samples, highlight kitchen skills and tips, and market their restaurants.
- No food will be sold at the chef demo table.
Whole Foods and GSLA Provide:
- Approximately $250 in foodstuffs from Whole Foods Market
- Grill and refrigeration
- Staffing support at the demo table
- Plates, utensils, napkins, etc.
- Any foodstuffs not provided by Whole Foods Market
- Knives, pans, etc.
- Signage or advertising materials
- One hour of demonstration time
For more details or to secure a South Loop Chefs’ Demonstration Table block, please contact Josh Ellis, GSLA Board member.