South Loop residents have noticed that the Roosevelt Collection plaza has been under construction while enroute to the ICON theater. Today they posted a description of the features the plaza will have when it opens and we wanted to share it with you!
What to Expect at the New RC Plaza, August 2, 2012
While our plans are constantly changing, the above rendering and the following descriptions will give you a good idea of the amenities you can expect to enjoy once the plaza opens.
- Welcome area, complete with a lit fountain, slate and granite planters, changing light spheres and new project identity sign
- Glass enclosed escalator to garage
- Oversized chessboard
- Three gas-fueled fire pits and sitting areas
- Tranquil koi pond with Japanese maple garden
- Fenced-in conch-shaped playground
- Green screen over ramp of underground garage
- New directories and signage Ample plaza short-term parking
- French-influenced landscaping
- Ambient music
- Overhead changing light strings at theater circle
- Improved lighting and crosswalks