Do you love living in the South Loop, and want to contribute in a meaningful way? Consider serving on the Greater South Loop Association (GSLA) Board of Directors!
Our Mission: Bringing Neighbors Together to support a vibrant, inclusive South Loop community
- Who we serve:
− Community Living Associations
- Our contribution:
− Information about pertinent events
− Events that positively contribute to building our community
− A voice from our members to local officials
Examples of how we execute our mission:
- Community Events
− Movies in the Park, monthly Neighbor’s Night Out, etc.
- Encourage support for locally owned businesses
− Opportunities for additional “shop local” events, including member discounts
- Sharing relevant information and appreciation for our community via social media, newsletter
- Supporting other local organizations who are aligned to our mission
− Wabash Arts Corridor, South Loop Dog PAC, South Loop Business Exchange, and more
− We serve as a Fiduciary Agent for the South Loop Moms N Tots & Alliance for a Greener South Loop
- We are inclusive
- We are passionate about the South Loop being a neighborhood of choice in Chicago
- We put the views/concerns of our membership over our own personal agendas for the neighborhood
- Attend Board meetings and meetings related to support of committee work
− The Board has met monthly, however we are considering a quarterly cadence with committee
meetings in between as needed
- We are a “working” board (as opposed to an “advisory” board)
− Translation: if you have an idea or want to contribute to an existing initiative, speak up!
- We may not all be able to attend every GSLA event, however Directors should make an effort to attend as many as possible
− There are typically 1-2 GSLA-sponsored events per month
− Events usually take place during evening hours (after 5 pm)
- Each Director must have an active GSLA membership to serve
Please contact the committee if you are interested in joining or learning more about the committees. A nominating petition can be found here if you would like to submit it to the board for consideration.
To comply with IRS standards for our 501c(3) status, a copy of our tax returns are available and you may refer to additional financial information on the non-profit rating website GuideStar. Share and post this page if you know a neighbor that might be interested in serving on our board or committee. If you have any questions, please contact us.
- Board of Directors 2016-17
- Board of Directors 2015-16
- Board of Directors 2014-15
- Board of Directors 2013-14
- Board of Directors 2012-13
- Board of Directors 2011-12
- Board of Directors 2010-11
- Board of Directors 2009-10